CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Kutest Kindergartener

Being the Mom of a Kindergartener shocks me! I just cant get over that my lil darling is so big! But Mary continues to reassure me that "Momma, you'll be fine! You're getting use to it! You'll acclimate soon!" ha!

Not so. My shock only digs deeper. :) Today is only day 2 of her "big girl school" career and she announces that she has a.... boyfriend! "Excuse me? What do you mean 'boyfriend'?" I ask. "Well you know how Toot gets dumped by guys? Yeah, like a boyfriend like that. But this one doesn't dump." Are you kidding me?! I struggle to hold back the laughter. She goes on to explain that his name is Brian and that he is "sooo handsome to me!"
Of course I want to know a lil bit more about Brian- "So what do you like about him? What do you know about him?"
Mary just knows that he has really cute blond hair that curls up at the bottom, he loves pizza, always wears a red shirt (yup, this is day 2!), and "we sit right next to eachother... really, really, really close to eachother!"

So it begins. :)

Truly tho, I am so proud of Mary. She has been such a brave, independent lil Kindergartener.
Going to school from 8-3 is quite an adjustment. When I picked her up after the first day she told me that she actually wanted to come home after lunch b/c it was too long. "I didnt tell my teacher tho, I just didnt want to complain." Wow, what a brave girl. She did ask "Do first graders go until it is dark outside? B/c gosh that was so long!"

5 comments:

Jody Carson said...

Wow! I can't believe that Mary is in Kindergarten either.....She is SO cute! How special for Mary that both of her parents were there to see her off on her special day. As always, you look great!

Mandie said...

Holy cow I can't believe she is in Kindergarten already. I'm so glad you sent me the link to your blog I've been wondering how you are. Where are you now? I miss my Critty! Hope all is well!

susan said...

oh dear. watch out.

we love you may-may. i suggest you date around a little more before dropping the boyfrien title....:)

xoxo

Mary - wife, mom, retired nurse, and Granny. said...

Thanks for having this blog! It is wonderful to check in to see Mary's latest. Granny B

brooke said...

aw, i love seeing pictures of everyone!!! Looks like so much fun, as always with the Fleming's and the Haslam's!