CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

kids say the funniest things...

this is random. but its cute.:)
Mary has been overly protective of her "baby pinkie toes." she absolutely refuses to let me trim them and informs me to just wait until she is asleep to clip her toe nails.
so i finally asked her why she fusses so over her lil toes. she answered in her matter of fact way "Well, moms are just protective about their babies! I just dont want my babies to get hurt. I worry about 'em."

~Tonight she was "helping" me do my homework which translates into sitting on my lap and using every highlighter she can to decorate my papers. :) she is in the phase of writing lowercase letters. "Momma give me your hard words to write! I love hard stuff. I just want to LEARN!"
i'm so proud of her and hope her desire perseveres.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Okay, that story totally made me laugh out loud at my computer which being the sleep deprived person with a nursing baby, I could use :-) Happy studying!!

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

Can I say it enough that I just love Mary! She cracks me up!

Amber said...

emi: mom, we shouldn't eat chickens, they give us eggs, and it's just not nice.

susan said...

Duh, Crit. You gotta protect your babies. Didn't you know that?

I cannot wait to get some May-may time in person...and WITH THE BOY! Should be interesting.

Ruthie said...

ha! Precious.

(You inspired me to create one of these, too... ;)